Our generation has always taken our clean nature as a given. We at Halti have set our sights far into the future and we are doing all we can so that later generations can enjoy it like we have. All of Halti’s operations are based on respecting the environment and other people. After all, our products are designed for outdoor life and sports. With Think Ahead, our sustainable development programme, we take responsibility for our social, environmental and financial footprints. We have much work ahead of us, but we are continuously trying to do better–in every phase of the product lifecycle.
Get to know our responsibility work on this website and see more detailed figures in our annual report.
Finnish nature teaches and inspires us to create outdoor clothing and gear that withstand time and wear.
We design clothing products and gear for all seasons and the most demanding of conditions, with more than 40 years of experience. Every feature has been considered carefully, from the material selected to the last technical detail, so that you can enjoy your product for as long as possible.
Our products are designed at Halti’s head office in Sipoo, Finland using 3D software. This helps us to significantly reduce the amount of textile waste, emissions from logistics and the wasteful use of natural material.
We are always looking for a high level of quality, first-rate technical properties and high durability. We design our products for outdoor life. We put a lot of effort into selecting the right materials and technologies. It is vital to us that our clothes are safe for you, for the people who make them and for the environment. With the help of strict international certificates, we can reduce any adverse impact on people and nature. We aim to continuously increase the use of recycled materials in our products.
We have long-standing relationships, some as long as 40 years, with our factories where our products are made. We want to openly tell you where our products are made and who makes them. Factory workers are an important part of our production chain and we want to take good care of them. The globally respected amfori BSCI organisation helps us to ensure that working conditions are socially and ethically acceptable.
We bring the products we manufacture in Asia and Europe to Finland by air, ship and train. Together with the sales team, we evaluate our purchases well in advance to optimize the production and transportation.
The products coming from our factories to Finland are packed in recyclable plastic bags and the bags are packed in a recyclable cardboard box. The products are packed as tightly as possible, but in such a way that the quality does not suffer. Using recyclable plastic is our choice because the clothes remain high-quality during transport. Read more in our annual report.
Our clothing and gear are designed to withstand time and hard wear. We believe that we can extend the life cycle of clothes, already during the design phase and have an impact on what will happen to clothing and gear at the end of their lifecycle. We hope that our products will last for years. However, we also need your help in our fight against throw-away culture. Wash and maintain your clothes in accordance with instructions, and have any damaged clothing or gear repaired rather than buying a new one. We'll help you if you have any questions.
We are committed to the international Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi). We will define emission reduction targets that align with the Paris Agreement's aim to limit global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius. Our targets will encompass our entire value chain.
WWF GREEN OFFICE
Halti's head office in Sipoo, Finland has received WWF Green Office certification. It is proof that we take environmental issues into account in our offices, decision-making and operations. We commit to the criteria created by the WWF Green Office, set goals, measure and report results, and achieve improvements in our environmental work.
At Halti, we are deeply committed to our core values, code of conduct, policies, as well as complying with applicable laws and regulations. We encourage our employees and partners to report any suspected misconduct through our anonymous “First Whistle” whistle-blowing channel.
No one can save the world alone. By working together, miracles can be achieved, one step at a time. We are a member of key networks that promote and demand responsibility. We actively participate in various projects that promote responsibility issues throughout the product's life cycle.
- Since 2010, our procurement activities have been guided by Amfori membership, which promotes fair working conditions and takes care of the rights of our subcontractors' employees. Amfori's operating principles (amfori Code of Conduct) are based on international agreements.
- We are a bluesign® system partner, which allows us to monitor our subcontractors very closely. The Bluesign® standard consists of five principles: productivity of resources, consumer safety, minimization of emissions into air and water, and occupational health and safety. Bluesign® system
-partnership we also get very important and researched information about sustainable development solutions.
- As a member of the FIBS - corporate responsibility network, we actively participate in social influence in order to promote economically, socially and ecologically responsible activities and to maintain our own awareness
- As a member of the European Outdoor Group organization, we participate in the sustainable development projects of our industry and get first-hand information about matters concerning our industry
- We are a member of the Scandinavian Outdoor Group. We network with other players in the field and share and gain expertise in matters related to responsibility
- We are a member of Suomen Tekstiili ja Muoti ry and participate in the sustainable development projects offered by them, as well as get first-hand information about responsibility issues concerning our industry.