Data controller: Halti Oy Business ID: 1896680-7
Address: P.O. Box 100, Massbyntie 101, FI-01151 Söderkulla, Finland
- customer relationships
- maintenance of partnerships
What are the grounds for using personal data?
The right to use personal data is based on any of the following grounds: -
- Consent: Our company has received a prior consent to processing personal data. We have received this consent in written or verbal format, via email or in conjunction with a purchase made from our online shop or a newsletter subscription.
- Fulfilment of an agreement: The processing of data is necessary in order to fulfil an agreement, such as to deliver a product purchased from our online shop.
- Legitimate interests: The processing of data is necessary in order to carry out the legitimate interests of Halti Oy.
What type of data does Halti collect and for what purposes?
Data collected from customers
We collect data from our customers for delivering products purchased from our online shop and for customer relationship management. When using the online shop, data is mainly obtained from the user of the online shop, i.e. the customer, who provides data when placing an order. Customers can also provide data on the Halti Newsletter registration page and the campaign page for Halti Newsletter registrations or through applications.
The following data is collected from customers who make purchases from our online shop:
- Authentication data: first name and last name
- Contact information: address, email address and telephone number
- Payment data related to clearing payment transactions, returns and any credit information checks
- Purchase history, including ordered and returned products
- Delivery data needed for delivering products
- Feedback given and messages sent
- Participations in any competitions or customer satisfaction surveys for which contact information is requested
- We use third part services for processing payments and the services of a logistics company for deliveries, for which customers are forwarded to websites of third parties.
Data can be used to target advertising to data subjects who have given their consent to marketing. Marketing activities include email, direct and digital marketing (social medial, display advertising, search engine advertising).
Personal data is processed on the grounds of the fulfilment of an agreement (online purchase agreement) or the consent of data subjects.
Data collected on our websites using analytics
The following data is collected from visitors to our websites using analytics:
- User account data, browser, operating system, device model, IP address, time of establishing the connection and the duration of the connection
- If location data is enabled, GPS coordinates and similar location data are saved.
- Cookies and other identification data (read more here)
- Information about marketing campaigns and any other data collected on the basis of consent
Data collected using cookies, social media and analytics is anonymous and cannot be used to identify individuals. We use this data to analyse users of our websites so that we can provide better services and target marketing activities. Data is collected about the number of visitors, the duration of each visit, page loads and the sale of products.
Data collected from job-seekers
For recruitment processes, we collect personal data from job-seekers. We process the personal data provided to fill the specific vacant position and, with regard to open applications, to fill future vacant positions and assess conditions for employment relationships.
Processing is based on our legitimate interest to process personal data provided by persons for recruitment processes.
Data collected from partners
We collect personal data about the contact people and other representatives of our suppliers and other partners in order to maintain partnerships and to fulfil our contractual obligations. The right to process personal data about suppliers and other partners is based on an agreement signed with each specific partner or legitimate interests to process personal data about employees or other representatives of partners.
Who can access my personal data?
Halti Oy does not disclose or sell any data to third parties for marketing purposes, apart from companies with the same Group. Personal data can be transferred outside the EU or EEA by using proper protective methods in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, 2016/679). Protective methods include agreements based on the EU Commission's standard contractual clauses that are available here.
Halti Oy is not responsible in case the customer forwards or sends their own information to third parties, for example by forwarding a transactional email or text message containing personal information. The transactional email can be for example, but not limited to, an order confirmation or abandoned checkout email.
What rights do I have regarding my personal data?
Rights related to the processing of personal data
- You can refrain from providing us with personal data in situations where we collect personal data directly from you. Please note that, in this case, you cannot place orders or exchange products in the online shop or return products to the online shop. Furthermore, taking part in recruitment processes is not possible without the processing of personal data.
- You can request for a report on the personal data we have saved about you and view your personal data. You can request for a copy of your data and a report on how we process your data.
- You can refuse direct marketing. We add an unsubscribe link to all electronic marketing messages we send. You can withdraw your consent to direct marketing at any time. If you withdraw your consent, we will immediately update our database and no longer send you any direct marketing messages. However, we may contact you if it is necessary for the products or services you have ordered.
- If the processing of data is based on consent, you can withdraw your consent to processing your personal data at any time.
- In certain situations, you can request your data to be erased or its use to be limited to part of our services. You can have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for a justified reason. We will erase data within reasonable time, provided that there are no legal grounds to maintain your data. Please note that the deletion of your customer account is final and your data cannot be restored later.
- You can request any incorrect or incomplete data to be rectified. We always aim to ensure that the personal data we have is accurate. Please check your data when you place an order in our online shop.
- If the data you have provided is processed automatically on the basis of an agreement or your consent, you have the right to obtain the data in organised, commonly used and computer readable format and the right to have your data transferred to another data controller if this is technically possible.
Please send an email to email@example.com if you want to exercise your aforementioned rights. If you suspect that your personal data has been processed in a manner that is in breach of regulations, you can file a complaint with the supervisory authority.
For how long does Halti store personal data?