Cross country skier Ristomatti Hakola joined Team Halti in 2019. He is one of the top skiers in the Finnish national ski team and Halti is happy to have him as an ambassador. Ristomatti, or “Rise” as many people call him, is very competitive and aims to be the fastest skier in the world. He loves endurance training but reminds us with his own example that you can do hard work with a twinkle in your eye. He was born in 1991 in Kankaanpää but is currently living in the capital area. He started his skiing career when he was 6 years old.
The winter season is full of World Cup and domestic competitions but in his free time he loves ball games, good food and the sauna – and relaxing. His summer training consists of roller skiing, running and cycling.
Ristomatti’s top achievements:
- The Winter Olympic Games in Pyeong Chang 2018: 6th in the sprint
- FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Lahti 2017: 6th in the sprint
- 5th in the Sprint World Cup in season 2017-2018. He finished 4th four times in the World Cup races.
- FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Seefeld 2019: 4th in men’s relay and 6th in team sprint
- Winner of the Finnish Cup, “Maastohiihdon Suomen Cup” in 2019
Follow our great ambassador on his own Instagram: instagram.com/rmhakola